Knowledgeable Maryland DUI/DWI Attorney
Defending Rockville-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Maryland, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With more than 40 years of experience in handling DUI cases, Reginald W. Bours, III, P.C. has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Committed to helping clients
We understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about complex Maryland DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over 40 years in the field. We work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself.
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Do not take the test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact Reginald W. Bours, III, P.C. today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call us today at 301-340-7600 or contact Reginald W. Bours, III, P.C. online to set up a free initial consultation.